Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Johnson County FSA committee election nomination period now open

The nomination period for the Johnson FSA county committee began on June 15, 2016. Nomination forms must be postmarked or received in the Johnson County FSA Office by close of business on August 1, 2016.

County Committees are unique to FSA and allow producers to have a voice on federal farm program implementation at the local level.

To be eligible to serve on the FSA county committee, a person must participate or cooperate in an agency administered program, be eligible to vote in a county committee election and reside in the Local Administrative Area (LAA) where they are nominated. All producers, including women, minority and beginning farmers and ranchers are encouraged to participate in the nomination and election process.

This year, nominations and elections will be held in LAA 3, which includes the communities of Doe Valley, Butler, and Shady Valley.

Producers may nominate themselves or others as candidates. Organizations representing minority and women farmers and ranchers may also nominate candidates. To become a nominee, eligible individuals must sign form FSA-669A. The form and more information about county committee elections is available online at:

Elected county committee members serve a three-year term and are responsible for making decisions on FSA disaster, conservation, commodity and price support programs, as well as other important federal farm program issues. The Johnson County committee consist of three members.

FSA will mail election ballots to eligible voters beginning November 7. Ballots are due back in the Johnson County Office by mail or in person no later than December 5, 2016. All newly elected county committee members and alternates will take office January 1, 2017.

For more information about the county committee election, please visit the Johnson County FSA office at 119 S Murphey Street, Mountain City, TN, or contact the office by telephone at   (423) 727-9744 or visit