Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Blant Road fire caused by meth lab

Investigators said a fire that destroyed a mobile home on Blant Road last week and severely burned a Johnson County man was caused by an explosion.
“It was definitely a meth lab explosion,” Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece said. “As the scene was processed there was evidence recovered that indicates that a methamphetamine manufacture process could have been the cause of the fire.”
Sheriff Reece identified the burn victim as Brian Snyder. Snyder was transported to the Wake Forest Burn Center, after receiving third degree burns on 90 percent of his body.
The incident remains under investigation and charges are pending.